CIL is an international management consultancy that helps clients to grow their businesses, build value and invest wisely. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses.
We set up our Munich office in summer 2021. This internship, lasting 4-12 months (dependent on your availability / preference), is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the founding team.
The Associate role is a highly demanding job – we will expect a lot from you, but you will receive first class training and will gain valuable experience with which to build a successful career. CIL Associates are an integral part of our project teams, and over the course of their internship will be expected to:
- Grasp new business models quickly, typically working on a different project every 4-6 weeks.
- Take responsibility for testing commercial hypotheses through collecting and interrogating primary and secondary research.
- Carrying out rigorous quantitative analysis of industry and internal company datasets.
- Play a key role in debating and refining hypotheses with the project manager and project leader, drafting clear & concise output for inclusion in the final report once agreed.
- Get in front of clients and help present our findings – we firmly believe that early client exposure is a great way to learn & develop.
We hope that our Associates enjoy their time with us and join permanently after their internship.
We are committed to being the best consultancy to work for in our field. As well as the benefits below, we pride ourselves on being flexible to the needs and personal circumstances of every single employee. The main benefits we offer include:
- A high-quality training programme delivered within a hugely supportive learning environment.
- Flexible working options, with little travel and the potential to work from home.
- Initiatives to limit working long hours and time given back in lieu of this.
- Regular company events & socials.
- An incredible company culture, with encouragement to pursue activities & interests outside of work.
What CIL people are like
We have a team of ~200 highly qualified, highly skilled people across our five offices. Successful CIL people share some key attributes:
- Strong academic background (we are degree agnostic) from a top university.
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems.
- Strong team working and people skills.
- A keen sense of humour and broad shoulders.
We have strict qualification criteria. These are:
- Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research techniques and critical thinking ability.
- Business acumen and curiosity for solving business problems.
- Excellent people and workload management skills.
- We welcome applications from either Bachelor or Master programmes.
- Business proficiency in English and German is required, with any additional languages an advantage.
- At the time of starting their internship, the successful candidate must have the right to work in Germany.
- Relevant internship experience desirable.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CIL commits to creating and maintaining a culture where every employee feels included and respected; to countering discrimination through our recruitment and training processes and our interaction with other stakeholders; and to celebrating the diverse contributions of all our employees and stakeholders.