Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales.
We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries.
The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire us to create value for all of our partners and deliver growth we are proud of every day.
Your Tomorrow Starts Today
At Mars we’re all united by a common goal – to build relationships with trust, dignity and mutual respect today to make the world a better place for people and pets tomorrow. We’ve been proudly family owned for over 100 years, and it’s this independence that gives us the gift of freedom to think in generations, not financial years. So we invest in the long-term future of our business, our people, and the planet, guided by our enduring Principles.
Mars Belgium employs over 360 Associates based at the production site of Olen, at the Belgian Headquarters near Brussels and on the field. Our Associates work across your favorite brands like m&m’s, Twix, Be-Kind, Whiskas, Pedigree, Royal Canin or Uncle Ben’s.
Ever since 2009 Mars Belgium has been elected as one of Belgium’s top employers. Since our first entry into the Great Place to Work ranking we have continued to learn and have kept on progressing up the ranking, so much that for 2019 we have been proudly nominated the #6 best place to work in Belgium
In Belgium, Mars operates in 3 product categories: Chocolate, Petcare and Rice, Grains and Sauces. Whiskas®, Pedigree®, Sheba®, Cesar®, Uncle Ben's®, M&M's®, Snickers®, Royal Canin® ... are some of the brands that are trusted and loved by Belgian consumers since 1962.
EARLY TALENTS OPPORTUNITES
Start your future today.
Our Internship, Apprenticeship and Graduate programmes provide you with a unique combination of diverse experiences and learning, meaning that you can get the career you want tomorrow. The unique culture at Mars grows the person as well as the professional, opening opportunities to explore many distinct careers across our global business.
MARS SALES REPRESENTATIVE - GRADUATE ROLE
Join Mars Belgium as a Sales Representative Today and develop through real, fast-tracked roles, the capabilities of a leader of Tomorrow
- You hold a Master degree and are eager to start your career in sales to quickly evolve into sales or marketing management?
- You have high learning agility, advanced analytical skills, entrepreneurial spirit and speak Dutch, French & English?
By joining the Sales Team at Mars Belgium (HQ in Zaventem) you will represent our beloved brands at a high standard, developing the preferred supplier image of the company in grocery stores. You will be reporting to a Field Manager who will mentor you to ensure you succeed in your role and develop from day one. You can expect taking on responsibility fast to grow the business by building strong and mutual relationships with your clients.
As a Young Talent you will benefit from a strong onboarding plan and get the mentoring from experienced senior managers.
You can expect tons of development opportunities, including global training from the Mars University.
We consider this Graduate Role as an entry position. After a first experience as a sales representative you will be prepared to take on your next role in sales, marketing or category management in line with your personal interests and strengths.
MARS LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE ROLE
Your future as a leader starts today. Our general Graduate Traineeship Programme: The Mars Leadership Experience (MLE), is the perfect grounding for a career in business leadership. You’ll manage projects, lead teams, take on roles with local and international exposure and make decisions with real consequences. The work will come thick and fast, preparing you for the challenges tomorrow.
The MLE comprises three 12-month placements. As a guide, you’ll typically follow a path through the three years with exposure to very different areas of our business. We offer the MLE with a focus on Demand (Sales, Category Management, Marketing) and Supply (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics).
The MLE is more than just a graduate program. It’s a 3 year rotational program which is high-powered right from the start and focuses on developing well-rounded leaders with unparalleled business experience. It’s a steep learning curve with enormous business exposure. At Mars, your tomorrow starts today.
What do you get?
- Over the course of the three 12-month placements you’ll get a complete overview of our business.
- You’ll experience different markets, different functions, different teams, countries and products.
- We’ll work with you to clarify and support your career thinking and tailor your path through the program. You will work in your Home country and will also experience an international assignment to learn other markets.
- You'll work with great managers, supportive mentors and other Associates who will help you bring your ideas to life.
- Every area of our business will be open to you meaning you could be a Portfolio or Category Manager, an Account Manager, a Supply Chain Project Manager and everything in-between. At the end of the program you’ll have learnt everything you need to become a future leader at Mars.
What are we looking for? We are looking for graduates that are:
- Originally coming from Europe and South Africa, or having the work permit or visa for the country you are applying for
- Naturally collaborative & curious
- Initiative & challenge taker
- Learners, growers & continuous improvers
- Recent Undergraduates or Postgraduates
- Fluent in English and another European language
- Fully mobile within Europe and Southern Africa
MARS FINANCE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Are you dreaming about becoming a finance leader in one of the biggest FMCG company? The Mars Finance Leadership Experience (MFLE) is a great start. You’ll find alumni of our MFLE program leading businesses in many sectors, as CFOs and Finance Strategic Leaders. At Mars, your tomorrow starts today.
How the program works? 3 x 12 months placements in supply finance, market finance, financial control or digital Rotations on several segments (Confectionary, Pet, Food) 1 year abroad
What will I get? We have an ongoing commitment to your growth and development. You will get:
- Regular catch ups with your mentor Support from an amazing community of graduate from all across Europe & Middle East
- Competitive salary and package
- Opportunities to meet with some of Mars most senior leaders and valuable trainings
What the future holds? This programme is set for you to become one of our future finance leaders. After 3 years you will be an all round business advisor. You could be a finance manager with a team of your own and be well on your way to a job as a senior strategic financial leader within Mars.
Could YOU be our future finance leader?
You have high ambition and want to become a finance leader
- You have good analytical skills and a strong interest in finance
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and bring a fresh viewpoint
- You want to grow as a person You are internationally mobile
- Academic background: Continental Europe: You have / will have Master degree in finance related discipline (by summer 2021); UK only - bachelor degree in any discipline (we will support your CIMA qualification); Egypt only: Bachelor degree in finance related discipline
3 years, 2 segments, 1 international assignment
MAKE TODAY COUNTS, VISIT OUR CAREER WEBITE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR EARLY TALENT OPPORTUNITIES