Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you passionate about business and people? Would you like to develop your skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2024 traineeships.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2300 brilliant minds from over 55 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next business development trainee in our food team? Join us - and let’s make science work for hope next summer!
As a business development trainee, your key goals are helping to run the EIT FAN Helsinki Hub. In this position, you will have an essential role in helping to run daily task of execution of accelerator program. The Helsinki HUB is part of the EIT FAN, which a multi-location accelerator program is delivered across Europe, to support high impact agri-food startups to maximize their success. In practice, over a 2-month acceleration period, the selected startups will have access to a buffet of tools, connections, mentors and expertise to them to succeed. The Helsinki HUB Food Accelerator Network will focus on accelerating existing, European Agro-Food startups to the next level.
Our team, business development works on sustainable products and materials. We work in tight collaboration with research’s teams of food area. With this position, you will mainly focus on EIT FAN program execution.
What would your responsibilities as a business development trainee include?
- You will be using your organizing skills to keep everybody updated and on right place at right time during the FAN startup program
- As a trainee you will be participating FAN startup programs daily work, workshops lectures etc.
- Updating social media together our communication agency
- Documentation handling
- You will be part of team organizing EIT FAN Demoday event
- Other related work.
Who we are looking for?
- You have some understanding of the Agro-Food industries and R&D
- Willingness of assisting others at achieving greatness
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Acceleration/incubation/startup experience is a plus but not necessary
- You are familiar with Teams platform.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- A curious mind, who is eager to develop and take on new challenges.
- We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start.
- You are also a team player with strong collaboration skills who wants to drive a positive impact in the world.
- You are capable work at fast changing environment and keeping up multiple tasks
- You are flexible and able to tolerate incompleteness.
What would we offer you?
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2300 experts representing more than 55 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative scientific and technical solutions as part of our business development team. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 4 February 2024. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid, and the salary is determined based on study credits: for Master's students the monthly salary is between 2600€ and 2800€, and for Bachelor's students the monthly salary is between 2100€ and 2400€. The typical duration of traineeships is between 3 and 6 months, with start dates usually falling between March and June, however the length and the exact starting date can be discussed with the hiring team.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Mirva Lampinen, < email deleted for security reasons >, +358406749233 on 12.1.2024 between 13:00-15:00 or 25.1.2024 between 9:00-11.00
Do you want to know what is it like to work at as a trainee in this team? Find out more about Emilia's experiences here!
We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate. We will inform all applicants about the continuation of the process during February 2024. Most of the interview will be held in February-March, however they can be started already during the application period.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 8 January 2024 and 4 February 2024 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)Employment type: Full-time, Fixed-term (Summer traineeship), hydrid work
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience in cutting-edge research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
Location: Tekniikantie 21, Espoo
A security clearance procedure may be conducted during the recruitment process.