We engineers in ZFS provide a technical backbone for both our internal operations team as well as for our partners. Together with a highly skilled product team, we build services that connect logistics, warehouse management and merchant operations.
As a Principal Software Engineer in the team, you will be the architect in a team of backend engineers. You will consult the team in best practices and set the standards for future software projects by choosing the right technologies and solutions. You will benefit from the experience in a larger company with specialists organized in technical communities.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create highly scalable solutions to be used by ZFS partners and their employees and also ZFS internal operations and sales teams
- Define the architecture and lead the project which is run by a team of experienced engineers and product managers. Coordinate the cooperation between our team and the external stakeholders
- Oversee the development and API design of an integrated system. You'll be involved in the design, coding, testing, and deployment process. Ensure that Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, etc. are kept at very high standards
- Join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Have great knowledge in Java, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS, Postgres, Rest API design, and event systems like Kafka
- Experience in full development cycle in an agile setting, including testing (manual and automated) and deployment to CI/CD systems
- Sense of ownership and analytical thinking add to your excellent communication skills (fluent in written & spoken English is a must) and willingness to share knowledge within and outside the team
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs , product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Fulfillment Solutions is one of the key products at Zalando to advance our platform strategy and support our partners in their logistics. We provide a large scale of B2B services to our partners to inspire and empower them on one end and create a happy customer experience on the other end. Resilience, security and maintainability are key factors in our daily work.
We continuously add new areas of competency, with teams now focused on the tech challenges connected to mission-critical topics including designing tools for Zalando internal operations team, inventory management, transportation, fulfillment and stock valuations. Here we develop our monitoring systems, collaborating with other logistics service providers within organization to find innovative ways to create the most relevant dashboards, monitoring and alerting systems.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.