Department: Zalando Payments - Technology
Reports to: Team Lead - Portfolio Management
Team Size: <5>
Recruiter Email: [email protected]
As a Senior Portfolio Manager you drive alignment, transparency, and improved decision making within Zalando Payments portfolios, making sure priorities are aligned with the strategic direction of the company. You provide a framework for operationalising the strategic objectives by ranking, prioritising, and actively supporting projects, programs, and initiatives within the portfolio.You excel at stakeholder management, fostering productive communication between both internal and external stakeholders of the portfolio, making sure their objectives and direction align. Together with the portfolio management team lead you are responsible for bringing the envisioned end result live and ensuring projects within the portfolio are staffed and sequenced in line with our priorities.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You are responsible for the centralized management (incl. intake, prioritization, implementation and review processes) of a portfolio to achieve the objectives of Zalando Payments, and ensure alignment with company objectives. You will continuously improve portfolio management in the organisation, working closely with the executive leader and the portfolio management team to define fit-for-purpose solutions.
- You ensure strategic alignment, availability of resources and you support and guide senior management in the approval and prioritization of new projects and review of existing projects in your portfolio.
- You can clearly articulate and contextualize prioritization and trade-off decisions to stakeholders at all levels in the organization. You balance between a tailored approach and streamlined processes to serve organizational needs in an optimal way and continuously iterate towards lean and fit for purpose solutions.
- Getting things done and challenging the status quo. You instinctively know what the critical success factors are and change complexity into clarity. You remove any roadblocks that stand in the way. You effectively manage conflict and priorities. You can adjust your approach for each individual project and program and can play many roles.
- Using your excellent soft-skills, you bring in and involve the right people to make things happen. You build up relationships in the blink of an eye and think beyond silos. You naturally tailor your communication to your audience, irrespective of their position in the organization. You can be convincing when you need to be but you also know when to listen.
- Help increase the maturity of Portfolio Management practice at Zalando Payments, working together with your team members and Lead to define principles, processes and standards that can be applied universally.
- You have project and program management experience. You draw upon your past immersion of working in an agile and iterative environment and focus on delivering projects effectively and efficiently and know how to boost cross-functional teams and projects. You apply high quality project management standards and make them evolve.
- A proven track record working in a tech environment. You speak the language of business as well as engineering and understand the process of moving from the first ideation to eventual go-live and handover.
- A highly motivated team player, and an expert in managing conflicts and priorities with both teams and stakeholders. You take responsibility for your tasks, and work in an independent and structured manner.
- Together with your team members you continuously improve current practices. You are an innovator by heart and keep fresh by looking for new ways to do things. You are able to put new tools and concepts into practice in a diverse, living and ever-growing organization and regularly reflect on your own work and share feedback in a constructive way.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs , product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
About Zalando Payments
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.