What does the internship involve?
As technology advances, our grocery shopping habits are undergoing a radical transformation – and digital innovation is the powerhouse behind it. Before Covid-19 kicked in, we saw already a huge shift from buying goods offline to buying them online and Covid-19 only accelerated this shift and transformation. Consequently, online sales within FMCG organizations are becoming even more important. While working in eCommerce you will be at the forefront of shaping the future of our industry, including what, how and where we buy.
With online grocery shopping rising at a phenomenal pace, PepsiCo is placing a big bet on the online channel as one of the key future growth drivers. eCommerce already accounts for roughly $1 billion in PepsiCo’s annual global retail sales and shows significant year on year growth rates.
To support us in achieving our eCommerce ambitions, we are looking for an enthusiastic intern for a period of 6 months starting from August 2021.
- In this role you will report to an eCommerce account manager and work closely with the different sales teams, brand managers, digital marketeers and eCommerce counterparts at our retailers.
- A very important responsibility is improving and maintaining the perfect e-Store strategy for our brands at all eCommerce platforms. This means that you will get full ownership of certain projects and processes in order to help improve this strategy.
- Also, you will be continuously searching for the latest eCommerce trends by doing weekly retail checks. You will focus on analyzing eCommerce activities (e.g. promotions) at different retailers, gain insights and present the recommendations to the sales teams. This is often followed by participating in projects to enhance PepsiCo’s visibility on the retailers’ webpages.
- Therefore, you will collaborate with established retailers such as Albert Heijn, Jumbo, PLUS, Delhaize (BE), Colruyt (BE) and wholesalers such as Sligro and Bidfood, but also with new innovative and online only partners such as Picnic & Amazon. Besides, you will also support our Unwasted team where we work against food waste in a very innovative online way.
- At last, there will also be room of space to set up and execute your own projects in order to work out your commercial ideas by for example pitching them to the wider PepsiCo organization and/or retailers.
Who are we looking for?
- An HBO / WO Bachelor’s or Master’s student (max 3. months graduated);
- Based in The Netherlands
- Hands on mentality to help the total eCommerce team improve existing partnerships;
- Knowledge / interests in the online selling and buying environment;
- Someone with strong analytical skills, a keen eye for detail and who is very well structured;
- A team player, but also someone that likes to take initiative and is able to work independently;
- Someone with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects;
- Preferably somebody with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint;
- Somebody who is fluent in Dutch (in both speaking and writing) and has good command over the English language;
- You have genuine interest in how the company operates in this area and are keen on keeping track of the latest developments in the world of digitalization.
Upload your CV and cover letter! If your profile fits to the role and to PepsiCo, we will invite you for a video interview. For questions regarding this internship vacancy, please contact Mia Horvath ([email protected]).