BASF's enzyme-based solutions maximize efficiency and improve environmental performance in a wide range of industries, such as feed, household care, food & beverages and bioenenergy.
We sell enzymes developed using our R&D capabilities to satisfy the needs of the global market. Thereby we harness the power of nature and create products that maximize efficiency while improving environmental performance. You can join our journey to further expand our position and become a leading player in the attractive and growing market of industrial enzymes.
The process development group is a key contributor to BASF's growth in the enzyme business. We use our expertise on enzyme production processes to design new innovative processes, transfer new products to production and improve current technologies to expand production capacity or improve production economics.
- You will develop innovative and sustainable process concepts for fermentation and recovery of industrial enzymes and evaluate their cost-profitability.
- You will benchmark current production technologies and optimize processes in close collaboration with our production plant and technical expert network.
- You will be responsible to fit new enzymes into our production processes, and for scale-up and transfer of new products to production.
- You will ensure process documentation for transfer to plant engineering and provide support during commissioning of new plants and systems.
- In order to be informed of new methods, market trends, and competitors' activities, you will maintain an extensive network with operational units and partners within the scientific and research community.
- In addition, you will initiate risk assessments and ensure compliance with occupational health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
An above average masters degree in chemical engineering or bioprocess development builds the academic basis of your expertise. You have ideally completed your academic education with a PhD in bioprocess development or you gathered experience in an industrial environment after your masters degree, now having several years of work experience in the development and scale-up of fermentation processes. During your PhD or while working in a company you worked experimentally in a fermentation lab and gained know-how and in depth understanding of fermentations with various methods like e.g.: Design of Experiments, multivariate data analysis, kinetic analysis and modelling of fermentation processes.
As an innovative thinker, you enjoy contributing your skills and ideas to the benefit of the team. Using your excellent communication skills, you have the ability to present complex issues clearly and comprehensively. A good command of German or English and the willingness to learn German complete your profile.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company's success and your individual performance.
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
If possible, please upload the documents into one single PDF file. Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Therefore please submit only copies and no originals.
First information about our application process can be found here: http://on.basf.com/applicationprocess.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position? Please reach out to Fabienne Gläsel, Tel.:+49 30 2005-58121
BASF SE, located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is the corporate headquarters of the BASF Group and part of the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region. BASF stands for competence in chemistry since 1865 and is represented today in the world's major consumer markets, with a wide range of products. As the largest employer in the region, BASF SE offers multiple career opportunities for students, university graduates and professionals providing also training in over 30 professions. Leisure, sports, culture and a good infrastructure characterize the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region, in which BASF is also involved with numerous activities. Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.