Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to set up additional sites in NW UK and is recruiting graduate team / area managers who will be responsible for managing a team of around 20-40 warehouse operatives working in outbound / inbound operations. Your team will be responsible for receiving, picking, packing and sorting orders that are placed with THG using our warehouse management system. You will report to a shift manager and will support them in ensuring that we meet or exceed our targets for safety, quality and productivity of the fulfilment operation.
Main activities / tasks
- Lead and motivate a small team carrying out a variety of warehouse tasks including picking orders, packing orders, replenishing stock, sortation, decant, returns plus any other reasonable requests made by the business.
- You will be supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- You will work with L & D to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform
- You will also be required to ensure that your team are all adhering to THG's health & safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment
- You will need to ensure that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs and make corrections where required
- You will be the first line of escalation for any colleague concerns or requirement including HR issues
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Become recognised as the process expert and leader of change in your process
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with plans
- Communicate instructions from Senior Staff to your team and ensure these are followed.
- Identify key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Work with the people team to manage employee relations issues including absence reviews
- Assume shift management responsibility in times of absence and holiday
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
What we are looking for
- Experience managing and motivating a small team
- Experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Good communication/interpersonal/organisational skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused
- Good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time effectively and solving problems
- Ability to drive positive change
- IT literate: Excel and Word and capable of delivering reports using excel Knowledge of statistical tools like SPSS, Minitab a plus
- You will need to be fully flexible and prepared to work 12 hour shifts (inc. nights/weekends) at either Omega, Warrington / ICON Manchester site.
Degree in STEM/logistics/supply chain or similar