WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the strategic direction of our Android technology stack based on the overall strategic ambitions of the organization.
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability, performance and usability
- Provide technical guidance and ownership across various complex projects, teams, and technologies
- Function as a subject matter expert for all things code, including tools, processes, and procedures to help shape our code contribution model, QA automation approach, release management lifecycle etc. across the enterprise
- Design common shared libraries and frameworks to support multiple native applications
- Develop mobile engineers by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Research and drive solutions to improve productivity and effectiveness with a strong attention to metrics
- Shape and champion an inclusive culture and diverse team environment
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years development experience with at least 6 years being related to Android
- Proven in-depth knowledge of software engineering paradigms, methodologies, patterns and practices
- Expert understanding and experience with Android's architectural components (Room, LiveData, Jetpack, etc.) and MV* architectures. Experience with Coroutines and Flows preferred.
- Must be deeply proficient in Java, Kotlin, supplemented by active/working knowledge of reactive programming.
- Highly knowledgeable in the wider 3rd party mobile ecosystem(Dagger2, Retrofit2 etc.)
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a wide variety of audiences including S-level executives.
- A leader in evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management and performance optimization is preferred
- Strong understanding of data access patterns. Experience with GQL is a plus