We are Emma - The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- Drive global PR and communication strategy and tactics to grow corporate, product and consumer PR and communication activities
- Responsible for identifying, shaping and executing growth opportunities and (industry) trends to push forward our corporate, consumer and product PR activities, with special focus on retail communication and employer branding
- Act as an internal communication expert, supporting our 25+ country teams in developing localized PR and communication strategies and tactics that help drive brand awareness, build our reputation and achieve overall business objectives
- Support 25+ countries in securing high-level placements in top tier print, online and TV media
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of PR and comms activities to optimize the performance
- Manage public affairs and lead on crisis communication management
- Interact with the management, the global teams as well as the country teams on a daily base and support marketing and PR managers in managing local agencies as well as freelancers around the globe
- Identify internationally relevant trends and topics and create content (press releases, articles, infographics, videos, pictures) to use as communication materials
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate a strong network with local and international media, and opinion leaders in the lifestyle, health and tech industry
- Actively pitch stories to journalists and activate the created content
- Responsible for LinkedIn communication
Who we're looking for:
- You have studied journalism or any comparable studies and have ideally gathered some first practical working experiences in the field of PR & Communications
- Knowledge of German, British, French media landscape would be a plus
- You have outstanding communication skills and know how to explain complex topics in an easy and understandable way.
- Strong stakeholder managements skills are required
- You have a sense for what would make a good story and you are great at pitching ideas - even without doing extensive research beforehand
- You stay calm in stressful situations and know how to manage crises
- You think outside the box and are solution oriented
- You take rational decisions by analyzing and monitoring data and turning insights into actionable tactics
- You are fluent in English
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one-you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.