Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Duration: 6 months
Start date: September 2021
About Tesla Energy
Tesla Energy is bringing battery technology to the grid to facilitate a renewable energy ecosystem and increase grid reliability in places where it is lacking. Tesla is leveraging its breakthrough powertrain technology and manufacturing scale to develop and deploy grid-connected storage at residential, industrial, and utility scales. The Energy team is small, committed, and fast moving. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the direction of our products. You must have a genuine passion for delivering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The internship assignment
As a C&I and Utilities Storage Sales intern, your main job is to be responsible for the direct contact with our end customers to generate new orders and working closely with all the internal departments to ensure a great customer experience. You will also coordinate the sharing of qualified leads with local Sales team and market partners.
Via email, phone and Customer Relationship Management software, you will utilize a consistent contact process to follow-up and nurture leads with the purpose to assess the prospects' needs, while illustrating how our products can help them take control of their own energy. You will be able to educate customers on the benefits of Energy Storage, helping them to change the way they produce and consume energy.
Based on direct experiences with potential clients, that are vital to shaping our processes, you will provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts, and you will assist the development process and documentation for efficiently qualifying business opportunities and partners. In the meantime, you will research, understand, define and disseminate functional requirements from the market, coordinating with internal business and engineer team members to refine our go to market approach in a specific region.
In essence, with your motivation, passion and hard work you will help our customer joining and accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Learning goals and tasks
- Follow-up on inbound leads with the purpose to assess the prospect's needs and qualify the opportunity and take action.
- Pre-call planning and adhere to activity metrics.
- Co-ordinate the sharing of qualified leads with market partners and associated reporting thereof.
- Utilize a consistent contact process to follow-up, nurture and close leads generated by marketing campaigns - via email, phone and Customer Relationship Management software.
- Support the Development and maintenance of the sales pipeline, from the origination to the closing.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts based on direct experiences with potential clients.
- Assist with the development of process and documentation for efficiently qualifying business opportunities and partners.
- Research, understand, define, and disseminate functional requirements from the market, coordinating with internal business and engineering team members.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources.
- Assist in techno-economic analysis of opportunities and identify associated risks.
MUST be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program for the duration of the 6-month internship.
- Currently studying towards a Bachelor or Master degree in engineering and / or business or similar experience.
- Ability to execute many tasks in parallel and to work with cross-functional team.
- Strong team-player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of grid/utility markets, as well as grid-tied technologies, such as PV, wind, EE, DR, storage, etc. is a plus.
- Fluency in English and one other European language at least (German preferred).
- Knowledge of the UK or German energy market preferred.