Department: Data Intelligence
Reports to: Data Intelligence team lead
Team Size: 5
Recruiter Name & Email: Lorraine Pimienta, [email protected]
As a BI Engineer, you will provide a consistent data foundation for all tools running on our BI infrastructure platform in the cloud. You will be responsible to enrich it by the Payments Platform scope and move it to a new performance level.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Expert in large scale data processing systems and have strong software development skills in one or more programming languages like Java, Scala, Python
- Expertise in distributed (real-time) processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Storm, Flink, Heron etc.)
- Experience in large scaling systems and know how of systems failure if they are too complex, so you have a passion for designing and operating reliable infrastructure
- Deliver towards our stakeholders needs and make sure we manage growth via scaleable and clean solutions
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years' BI engineering / data engineering experience
- 2+ years' experience building AWS data pipelines using technologies like Apache Kafka, Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, and S3
- Responsibility for BI pipelines hosted in AWS and powered by EMR, Airflow, Databricks, Spark, Kubernetes
- Support operation as developer in DevOps environment
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs , product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive on-boarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ABOUT ZALANDO PAYMENTS
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer-facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as the processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering, we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.