Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest universal bank in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Since inception, BIL has always played an active role in the development the Luxembourgish economy. As a universal bank BIL offers banking products & services to retail, private and institutional clients and participates in capital markets. With more than 2,000 employees, the bank is present in in Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, China and Hong Kong.
The Department – Non-Banking Financial Institutions
Within the Institutional Banking division of the bank, Non-Banking Financial Institutions is the front office department in charge of the business development and relationship management of the bank’s business with insurance companies and alternative asset managers (private equity, real estate, private debt and infrastructure fund managers). Through our dedicated catalogue of products and services, we aim to offer depositary, financing, dealing room and daily banking solutions.
The bank looks for an intern to join its Non-Banking Financial Institutions department for a period of min 6 months as Junior Relationship Manager. As such, the candidate will help the team in:
- Onboarding new clients, writing memos to the acceptance committee and presenting the files to such committee;
- Performing the client portfolio annual compliance reviews;
- Performing the credit portfolio annual reviews by preparing the credit memos and presenting them to the credit committee;
- Originating new credit files;
- Originating new depositary mandates;
- Originating new dealing room transactions.
Must Have Requirements
- You have a bachelor from a reputable business school and are busy doing your master with a specialization in Finance;
- You have good knowledge in Corporate Finance matters and ideally in banking;
- Microsoft Office has no secret to you;
- Your are fluent in French and English. Any other language is a plus;
- You are interested in business development and not afraid to talk to clients;
- You are a team player;
- You have strong analytical skills; and
- You have strong communication and presentation skills.
Education level: Master's Degree
Work experience: Less than 6 months
Start contract date: 01-08-21
Contract duration: From 5 to 6 months