Location: Oslo Baerum
Duration: 5-6 months
Start-date: September 2021
The internship assignment
The EMEA Field Support Engineering team is a key connection point between our EMEA service centers and the development and production base in Silicon Valley, California and Berlin. EMEA FSE's are taking as their responsibility to keep our vehicles on the road through proactive analyses of the vehicle fleet and to reduce their time spent in service centers by your effective remote/on-site diagnostic work. EMEA FSE's are able to efficiently work with large amounts of data in order to process information and make the correct conclusions in a timely manner. This group has strong technical background in diagnosing complex electromechanical systems with heavy software content and deployed in safety-critical applications. These engineers are passionate about diagnostics, strong critical thinkers with great fluency understanding technical system-level architecture and issues. Providing high level of support to the EMEA Technical Operations, Product Support Engineers, Software/Hardware developers, Marketing, Sales, Legal & Business Resolution Team to name a few.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Learn how to debug systems and perform diagnostics on field failures both remotely - looking at data logged by the vehicle, and directly in the field.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed field cases.
- Provide field support with a wide range of troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis, while some travel might be required to perform field diagnosis. The position sitting within Northern Europe region and require daily support.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and provide written feedback to the respective Product Support Engineer to drive future product improvements.
- Assist Product Support Engineers to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Assist and support Product Support Engineers, Product Excellence, and MRB team members to perform further root cause analysis on field failures by component/subsystem owners where necessary.
- Evaluate vehicle design features/fixes and perform regional testing.
- Assist improving service diagnostic tooling and technical documentation. Both at a Software and Hardware level.
- Fluency in English
- Preferably studying a relevant Engineering field like Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Proactive work mentality
- The ability to keep an overview and improve processes
- Hands on experience