Location: Tilburg, NL
Duration: 5-6 months
Start date: September 2021
Please Note: Candidates must be enrolled in higher education for the full duration of this internship
The internship assignment
The internship will take place with Tesla’s Reverse Supply Chain team who works across all departments to ensure that Tesla has a robust and vertically integrated returns solution.
Returns are defined as goods moving from their place of use or original consumption, back to their place of manufacture, distribution or, to a place where they will yield further value. Returns may fall into different categories or types. In Tesla, we generally distinguish these as the following types:
•Campaign and Bulletin
•Quarantine and Containment
•Repair, Refurbishment, or Remanufacture
•End of Use
•End of Life
Tesla sub-contracts some aspects of their operation to third party logistics support.
As an intern, you will help design and produce a proof of concept for an Windows or Android application, to allow for receipt and inspection of returned products at 3rd party locations, that preserves the Quality and standards Tesla achieve at their own locations. The application should be able to pass instructions to a 3rd Party partner and receive responses to any questions sent, updating Tesla’s database in a secure fashion.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Learn how to develop a product end to end, based upon a user story and business need.
- Communicate professionally within a fast paced work environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Application design and project management.
- Research and Development.
- Understand how to run secure external apps interfacing with sensitive internal data.
- Programming and Application Skills are a plus.
- Currently enrolled in a Degree (preferably a Industrialization Engineering or Systems Design/Architecture or Programming relevant field)
- Fluency in English
- Able to write and use queries.
- Able to use ‘big data’ to drive informed business decisions.