AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
The IT Support team:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven manager to join the Technical Operations team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the IT Support Manager therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact in the EMEA region. Based in London, this role will also oversee IT for our other regional offices in London, Hamburg, and Dubai.
As an early member of the regional team, we are looking for a player-coach who is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and taking on frontline support, while scaling the team and balancing project work and planning. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. We expect you always to be looking for ways to improve your work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed.
This role is suited to an operationally-minded individual who has a broad range of technical experience across different IT disciplines, who is excited to scale themselves along with the IT systems, processes, and infrastructure in a rapid growth environment.
- Manage IT Support team in a lead capacity, through assignment of work and coordination of team personnel
- Responsible for resource and time management for the day to day tasks of the IT Support Team
- Serve as an escalation point for complex support issues
- Provide developmental support to members of the team through regular catch ups, identifying areas of growth, and creating training plans
- Develop KPIs and track team progress over time
- Responsible for managing IT projects, from conception to completion
- Monitor projects and new technology roll-outs
- Driving team initiatives and prioritize active work by assigning project and support tasks based on the current needs of the business
- Seek opportunities for improvement, take ownership, closely work with IT leadership and business partners to drive product and process improvement
- Assist in office relocations, expansions, and densifications in home office and remote locations.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors
- Lead trainings for employees as part of onboarding and continued technology education
- Maintain and contribute to an internal knowledge base of technical documentation and SOPs
- Player coach - lead from the front - key contributor through help desk
- 6+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (including corporate setting)
- 2+ years of people management experience in a corporate environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent understanding of Apple hardware and macOS/iOS
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals, experience with Cisco Meraki stack preferred (CMNO, CCNA, or equivalent certification)
- Experienced G-Suite administrator, familiar with managing domains, security/OAuth, GAM, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of endpoint management strategies with experience using different MDM solutions (e.g. Addigy, Jamf)
Attributes we're looking for:
- Excellent track record of successful service delivery
- Results-oriented, user-focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience and composure under pressure
- Positive, team-oriented mindset, with a natural willingness to always go the extra mile
- Evidenced problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Thrives in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to delegate smartly, utilizing one's resources in the most effective manner
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.