For our newest fulfillment center in Bleiswijk, the Netherlands, we are looking for:
3PL Manager (M/F/D) JOB DESCRIPTION
As 3PL Contract Manager you are responsible for optimizing the performance of the fulfillment center by managing the agreed service levels and operational and contractual performance of our Fulfillment partner (or 3PL) for this site. You will be interacting continuously with the onsite Zalando team, the 3PL and Zalando Headquarters and your peers from the other international fulfillment centers about all aspects of the operational process on site.
The site is brand new and houses the largest ecommerce fashion operation in the Benelux. It will operate using highly automated, cutting-edge automation solutions such as bag sorter and pick shuttles.
By the time we are fully operational we will operate an area of 143.000m2 and will ship almost 5 million items per week!
Stepping in this role now means that you will be able to shape the relationships and success of the operation.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Ensuring a successful ramp-up of the site and work closely with the internal and external stakeholders in order to create the optimum environment for a high performing logistics operation
- Manage the contractual operational agreements with the 3PL:
- Defining targets and measuring performance based on the SLA's. It is your responsibility to manage the reporting and reviewing processes and to give meaning to the data.
- Act as the liaison between Zalando headquarters and the local operation in order to create full alignment on operational planning and forecasting so Zalando meets the customer expectations!
- As the specialist on the operational processes and activities run by the 3PL you are monitoring the budgeting and invoicing processes.
- You are driving and supporting continuous operational improvement initiatives within this site specifically and the Zalando fulfillment network in general.
- You are working closely together with your colleague Technical SPO Manager who is focusing on the technical part of the operation
- A bachelor degree together with relevant (contract and/or site) management experience in logistics. Preferably with a high level of automated warehousing.
- Business fluent in English; Dutch and/or German would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong and successful internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Extensive experience in contract management
- A high level of (data)analytical and reporting skills
- A proven track record in project management and operational management
Part of our recipe for success is to think big and act fast; what you are doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you will have the chance to work within the world's best online fashion experience and in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- No time for boredom! Zalando is an energetic company where something new happens every day and you are expected to act as an owner
- An opportunity to collaboratively drive this site to become key part of the Zalando network
- A corporate culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, where your skills and inputs are judged by your results, at Zalando we solve things that matter
- At Zalando we do not just work together, we also like to have fun together and always act as our team's biggest fan
- A multinational team of experts to inspire and support you in flying high and diving deep
- And, last but not least, an attractive compensation & benefits package including employee discounts
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 31 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.