AppCraftMobile team is responsible for inspiring customers with personalized content which includes campaigns, outfits, product recommendation, brand collections, fashion influencer and more. Our work is front and center with Zalando app Home screen and various Landing pages. We use cutting edge backend driven native UI rendering pipeline to deliver dynamic home feed. This team owns the backend driven native UI rendering technology, evolves it over time, maintains the stability and provides high reliability.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be joining the team to create the best-in-class mobile apps & customer experience.
Find out more about how our Mobile Engineers work here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be part of an agile cross-platform team that continuously improves and extends Zalando iOS and Android applications.
- Together with the team you will implement complex cross team solutions to inspire our customers and improve their experience on Zalando mobile applications.
- You will contribute to the different parts of Zalando mobile application while constantly aligning with your peers on the best practices and continuously improving development and delivery processes, and application architecture.
- You are an experienced iOS developer (3+ years) who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code
- You have a deep understanding of iOS SDK, Swift language and Apple design principles.
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- You take the ownership for your work - from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- You are familiar with Obj-C & functional programming concepts
- We believe in composition of pure blocks to build UI components and use Unidirectional data flow architecture. We are inspired by Elm & React. Our corresponding backend-for-frontend uses React. Knowledge of either of these concepts is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of performance tuning (instrumentation & observability) is required.
- Interest to be part of Backend driven UI rendering technology trend.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 32 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe's busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.