In Customer Conversion, our mission is to elevate our customers' shopping experience in two key areas - Purchase and Post-Purchase. The Purchase journey starts after customers add an item to their shopping cart, continues through checkout and ends with placing the order. After that, the Post-Purchase area provides a clear view into customers' order status and past purchases, and enables customers to conveniently return the items they will not keep. As an Android Engineer dedicated to Apps Customer Conversion, you will join the mission to make the shopping experience simpler and faster for our customers, by taking advantage of modern mobile technologies to enhance this journey for millions of our app customers. You will be at the forefront of how we define, own & build rock-solid user experience for millions of our app customers. You will join a diverse team which enjoys working with each other and always collaborates to deliver as a team, striving for continuous improvements while doing so.
See our Team Story on Zalando's Instagram.
Find out more about how our Mobile Engineers work here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be part of an agile cross-platform team that continuously improves and extends Zalando Android and iOS applications.
- Together with the team you will implement complex cross team solutions to inspire our customers and improve their experience on Zalando mobile applications.
- You will contribute to the different parts of Zalando mobile application while constantly aligning with your peers on the best practices and continuously improving development and delivery processes, and application architecture.
- You are an experienced Android developer (3+ years) who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code
- You have a deep understanding of Android SDK, Kotlin, and Java.
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- You take the ownership for your work - from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- You are familiar with RxJava and/or functional programming concepts.
- You are passionate about writing well structured, readable, and maintainable code that's covered by automated tests.
- You have several years of experience working in high performance teams and can independently drive technical discussions and facilitate complex decision making.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 32 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
A key to the success of Europe's busiest fashion logistics network is continuously advancing our technology and processes. By pushing ourselves to think smarter and adapt faster, our teams are setting new levels of excellence for the industry while meeting the complex needs of our customers, helping people connect to fashion in ways that were never previously possible.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.