New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility.
Our Digital Services Factory (DSF) Division is looking for a Data Scientist intern to join our offices in Paris, France. The DSF is a fast-growing team in charge of providing AI solutions for manufacturing excellence and efficiency as well as for smart product development for the automotive industry.
As a Data Scientist at the core of DSF, you will be involved in our Smart Analytics projects, such as material consumption optimization, energy savings, customer demand forecast, logistics and industrial load prediction, among others. In this position, you are going to work for the improvement of the industrial performance of the Group, by enabling more efficient production systems and developing next generation tools for manufacturing. The future starts now!
Main responsibilities in this position:
- You will collect, analyze and pipeline data from many source systems of Faurecia to create valuable assets for final users through visualization, help for decision, alerting or other features
- You will be in charge of exploring new models, developing and integrating AI solutions and improving the model performance
- You will have to understand the need from the customer and turn it into implementation plans
- You will apply last methods and algorithms to solve the issues
- Finally, you will be able to explain results to the business (ability to simplify technical metrics)
Qualifications and skills
- BAC+4/5, Engineer with robust background in data science, AI, mathematics or related field (Grandes écoles d’ingénieur)
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Strong knowledge in Machine Learning or statistics (classification, regression, clustering, …)
- First experience on one of the available ML/DL frameworks (scikit-learn, tensorflow/keras, etc)
- Familiar with Git/IDE (such as pycharm, VS code)
- Strong knowledge in Python
- You are autonomous and you like taking initiative
- You can learn on the fly
- You like working in a team environment
- You have a first experience with one of the cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- You have some experience in AI-based analytics (Time series, clustering…)
- You already experienced other programming language (C/C++)
- You have a knowledge of the Agile Methodology
This internship will allow you to
- Have a real and direct impact on the daily Faurecia plants activities
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Discover the industrial environment and culture of one of the leading automotive companies
- Go on the shopfloor, in the plants, and see the impact of your work
Ready to take on a new challenge? Apply and join us!