Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Within the Quality team, you will be working on developing new services for our merchants:
- Spare parts: develop an offer of certified high tech components and accessories at a competitive price
- Packaging: develop our packaging offer and ensure adoption from our merchants
- Training: create training materials for our merchants to help them repair high tech products
- CSR labels to foster the social & environmental engagement of all our merchants
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT):
- Develop our Spare parts offers & training materials for merchants & customers to repair their products (smartphones, computers, gaming consoles,...)
- Develop our sustainable packaging offer and reach 20% of orders using a BackMarket packaging by the end of the year (on smartphones and laptops across EU, US and Japan)
- Negotiate best prices & shipping options
- Create all materials to promote those services to our sales teams and merchants
- Launch our Corporate social responsibility label
- Run benchmarks and market studies to monitor market practices
- Monitor the project KPIs and define action plans for continuous improvement
YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable with Excel (SQL is a plus)
- You have a strong attractiveness for CSR related topics
- You have some experience in building projects/companies from scratch
- It is a plus, if you have knowledge / experience on core electro products (smartphone, Tablet, PC, macbook,...)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in French & English
- A real attraction towards project management
- Strong organizational skills and rigor
- Entrepreneurial spirit, you always look to exceed expectations
- You are proactive, organized and have a high capacity to federate and work with transversal teams
- A sense of the "start-up" spirit
- Phone call with our Lucie, our Lead Category Performance
- Technical skills test
- Interview with Valentin, our Service Project Manager
- Interview with Alex, our Senior Lead Refurbishment Services
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.