We are Emma - The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design and implement Emma's technology platform, supporting our growth from E-commerce into SleepTech
- Improve the existing cloud-based (AWS) CI/CD enabling a seamless software development experience that empowers tech teams to autonomously deliver working increments of software and self-operate them ('you build it - you run it' approach)
- Implement infrastructure tasks abstraction for software developers in Infrastructure-as-Code fashion
- Implement comprehensive infrastructure and application monitoring/logging, error detection and countermeasure automation
- Drive continuous and secure delivery practices (deployment automation, trunk-based development, test automation, test data management, ...)
- Fully own, i.e. develop, maintain and operate (full DevOps) your team's tech stack
- Be a team player as part of an agile, empowered team and contribute to the development of fellow engineers
- Contribute to the improvement of our CI&CD and DevOps & SRE practices
- Taking part in recruitment processes to grow our tech team
What we are looking for:
- Several years of proven experience in software and infrastructure operations and 24/7, ideally in an E-commerce business
- Deep understanding of DevOps and SRE practices
- Experience in CI (Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI, ...), CD (Terraform, Ansible, ...) solutions and cloud infrastructure virtualization with Kubernetes & Docker
- Solid experience in infrastructure automation coding using scripting (Shell, Python or equivalent)
- Strong experience in maintaining and operating Linux-based servers
- Strong Experience with public clouds. Ideally AWS (especially EC2, RDS, Security Groups, Cloudformation and WAF are considered as a benefit)
- Experience with CDN systems (Cloudflare, Cloudfront or Fastly)
- Experience working with public key infrastructures (Certificate Authorities) and/or cryptography technologies such as SSL, RSA
This is what we offer:
- Always agile: We hypothesize, validate and implement incrementally - every day. And sometimes we take a leap to the next level!
- Highly successful Business: Our award-winning products are selling in 24 markets globally and we are doubling our revenue every year (2020 even more!).
- The science: Emma actively engages in sleep science research and employs neuroscientists to invent SleepTech, not resell.
- Exiting new Tech Platform coming up: Emma's new platform architecture is in the planning and already anticipating smart consumer devices, IoT build in cloud-native design using modern tech stacks.
- The next big thing: Now, we put the 'Tech' in 'SleepTech'
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from your first day
- The opportunity to work on challenging tasks that contribute to your professional growth
- Work independently and as part of a dedicated, international and diverse team
- The opportunity to help shape our company culture
- Work with and learn from experts in diverse fields
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.