Location: Sant Cugat, Spain
Currently we are looking for a Commercial Merchandising Trainee for our Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) EMEA Grain Group to join our team in a start position at Sant Cugat, Spain
In CASC EMEA we operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, transport and distribute our bulk commodities: grains and oilseeds around the world.
What is the Commercial Merchandising Trainee program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our merchandising function as well as risk management, trading operations and market analysis at Cargill.
The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
• Understanding the agricultural commodities trading industry and the markets for commodity merchandising.
• Understanding the local supply and demand factors that impact markets.
• Understanding drivers of Profit and Loss and take commercial decisions to generate revenue.
• Developing knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products.
• Initiating and negotiating on terms of commodity purchase, sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment.
• Coordinating transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts and interacting with other functions across the business.
• Ensuring detailed and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure of all contracts.
• Developing collaborative relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role.
• Learning on the job from experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
• Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
• Building a peer network across Cargill.
During the two years of the program the trainee will rotate between the teams having a chance to work on the different product lines: grains, oilseeds, soya & protein. The trainee will work in close collaboration with the local team of 9 commercial professionals based in Sant Cugat as well be the part of the global CASC team.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
• A completed Master degree with preferred major in Business, Finance, Management, Agricultural Engineering, Economics or Trading.
• Up to 2 years of work or internship experience in relevant areas.
• Fluent English and Spanish.
• Good knowledge of Excel and other technical tools
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
• Geographical Mobility
• Proven natural leadership and interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams
• High integrity and ethical standards
• Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
• Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes
• Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems
• Flexibility and managing ambiguity; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company and see opportunities in change
• Risk appetite; composure, resilience, risk analysis and right sizing.
The successful candidates will be invited to complete a short introductory video interview. Please expect to receive an e-mail from the Modern Hire platform.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/