THE FUTURE WILL NEVER SIMPLY WORK IN THEORY.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
World-leading technologies don’t make it into a BMW until they’ve undergone one of the most challenging journeys imaginable. It takes dynamic teams with outstanding technical skills to take them from the drawing board to the road. That’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
At BMW, we develop a variety of robots that support our internal logistics processes in the production plants. For each robot, computer vision is an elementary function. Be part of our young team in an innovative and international environment with flat hierarchies and high personal responsibility for projects and tasks.
What awaits you?
- You will be working in the computer vision team and contribute to a robot project in order to detect and locate objects (e.g., packages or parts).
- Furthermore, you will be developing, implementing and evaluating new concepts and optimizing existing solutions for object detection, pose estimation and grasping tasks.
You will support required tasks (e.g., image preprocessing, data analysis or management presentations).
What should you bring along?
- Currently enrolled in a university program in the field of Computer Science, or Software Engineering or related studies (e.g., Robotics).
- Strong knowledge in C++ and / or Python and related packages (e.g., OpenCV, PyTorch).
- Experience in Software Engineering (SE) principles and related concepts (e.g., test-driven development, code reviews, Git branching, etc.)
- Analytical and creative thinking as well as open-mindedness.
- Ideally, demonstrated the qualifications in real-world projects and Unix / Ubuntu, ROS, Docker.
Ability to speak and write in English fluently, German is advantageous.
Are you enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
Earliest starting date: 01.10.2021
Duration: 6 months.
Working hours: Vollzeit
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001