Duration: 5-6 months
Start date: October
The Internship Assignment
The Berlin Paint Team is responsible for building, designing, commissioning and operating Tesla’s Paint Shop in Berlin. Our goal is simple – to launch the best paint shop on planet earth. We develop new processes, design equipment to be used in production lines, and help to troubleshoot manufacturing issues to affect production and delivery targets. As an intern in the Berlin Paint Shop Team you will be part of/supporting the individual teams within our paint organization: Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Operations and Maintenance Engineering. You will be responsible for managing new product and technology introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades and modifications. In addition, you will work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take new vehicle designs or design changes from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Learning Goals and Tasks
- Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
- Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Develop and validate processes used in manufacturing.
- Assist and contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program. (Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Process Engineering)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English,
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.