Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We're committed to building a better future - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us - change the world, love your job!
About the job
In the Freising Fab, FFAB, Texas Instruments, a novel in-line sensor is being developed that measures sheet resistance of product wafers during the PVD deposition of thin film metal. An interested student is desired who can work in a fast-paced production environment, and prepares to set up the sensor, plans and conducts measurements that are completely novel to this field of high-vacuum non-contact sheet resistance sensors. You will work on an automation routine to do these measurements automatically, and extract the necessary values, with error calculation. This pilot project is highly esteemed across all TI facilities and its outcomes are desired worldwide. You will be working in a team of process engineering, equipment engineering, and the FFAB toolshop. Desirably you have knowledge in CAD, vacuum basics, material sciences, electronics, microsystem engineering. This thesis can also be an internship (compulsory or not).
Put your talent to work with us as an Intern - change the world, love your job!
• Minimum Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics, or related field
• Define testing method, setup preparation, conduct studies on thin film resistivity, stability of wafer-tests, and analyze the gathered data
• Background in Automation, Semiconductor Physics, Sensors, Thin Films required but not necessary
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Document and present the methods and works done
• Benefit from an attractive compensation
• Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
• Explore a world of opportunities for your personal and professional development