We are Emma - The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- You are a crucial player on our journey to become the biggest sleep tech player in the world
- You will be designing and developing the embedded software platform of our new sleep tech products (e.g. interfaces with sensors and actuators)
- You design prototypes and test new IoT solutions that comprise smart sensors, smart devices and wireless communications
- You are working closely with our fellow Emma engineers working on electronics, mechanics, mobile app and backends
- You establish technical standards and architecture direction based on business objectives and technical opportunities
- You support the industrialization of your solutions to improve people's sleep
Who we're looking for
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Good understanding and knowledge of embedded hardware components such as gateways or micro controllers and firmware
- Strong expertise in building Linux-OS-based embedded systems
- Good understanding and experience in low-range wireless protocols (i.e. Bluetooth LE)
- 3+ years of experience writing embedded software (C/C++, Python) on Linux
- A great team player who thinks out of the box and brings new ideas
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one-you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.