We're growing future leaders
Our Novus programmes are designed to help you gain professional experience and develop your skillset. We'll challenge you to think differently, solve problems with creativity and to push yourself while expanding your horizons.
The programme begins with 12 weeks of practical based training delivered in real time from our virtual training academy. Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level role within software development (.NET) and cloud computing. You'll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews. You will learn software development as well as cloud computing skills in AWS and we will also prepare you for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
After completion of your initial training, you will have the opportunity to become employed by Capita on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our clients around the UK. Our purpose is your purpose and, together, we can drive real change. You'll have the opportunity to work on, and make meaningful contributions to a range of exciting and diverse projects.
Continuous professional development
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals whilst you work, you will have access to learning resources and the opportunity to study towards certifications to support your career path from professional bodies such as BCS, ISTQB, Oracle, Microsoft, Google and Amazon.
What's in it for you
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during your training, on commencement of your first assignment you will also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Bonuses based on performance
- Enrolment onto Capita's pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
What we are looking for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we're looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- Some object orientated programming skills in either Python C#, C++, .Net, or Java
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Good all-round IT skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide for extensive periods to work on Capita and client assignments
- Available to commit to the initial training before employment, and attend the online classes in real-time
- Available to start training in October 2021
A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally computer science or STEM related