Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world's leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What's your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Frankfurt AG is the administrating and operating entity of the Eurex Deutschland derivatives exchange. Eurex Deutschland offers a broad range of international benchmark products including the broadest offer of equity index derivatives, the most liquid fixed-income markets in the world and is the platform of choice for European equity derivatives, featuring open and low-cost electronic access. Amongst others, Eurex Deutschland offers dividend, ETF and volatility derivatives.
Field of activity
The Market Development unit is responsible for the development and implementation of liquidity incentivizing market models for derivative instruments with respect to changing regulatory frameworks. In close cooperation with other functional and operational teams the Market Development unit also develops and executes concepts to increase proximity as well as enable access for end clients to the exchange. As an intern you will gain valuable experience in an innovative company and as a part of the derivatives segment of Deutsche Börse you will be actively taking part in our processes, while we are offering you diverse, interesting and challenging tasks.
- You will assist in the development and execution of strategic projects at Eurex and contribute to their success
- You will gain interesting insights into market structure and market design of exchanges
- You will analyse and evaluate the competitive as well as regulatory landscape and will use the gained insights for the benefit of the team
- You will support in quantitative analysis of trading activities of market participants and prepare the results for the attention of the upper management
- Furthermore, you will support the team by designing and reviewing of processes as well as the creation of presentations and decision material for the upper management
- In addition to these excited tasks you will gain insights into the functioning of derivatives trading at a leading exchange
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 4 semesters
- (Study focus in the field of informatics, mathematics, economics, business studies or other relevant fields)
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the derivatives area
- You are interested in Financial and Capital Markets with a special focus on trading
- Thanks to your cooperative manner, you quickly find your way into the team. Your affinity for numbers and very good analytical skills help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics. Your high commitment enables you to work independently on important tasks and produces meaningful results for the team.
- You have a competent handling of MS Office and you have had first experience in SQL and data analysis (e.g. Python, Tableau, Qlik)
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
Start date: 01/10/2021