Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world's leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What's your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business - i.e. issuance, settlement and custody - for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Clearstream Outsourcing Coordination and Business Surveillance units support the business segments in their duties with regards to services outsourced by Clearstream entities and secure a harmonized first line of defence approach across the different business owners within the area of its responsibility, including the set-up of standards with respect to performance indicators. The first line of defence control and monitoring function covers the adequate reporting to the Executive Management and the control functions as well.
Your main responsibilities will be the support of the Outsourcing Coordinators in maintaining the register of outsourcing contracts, support service requestors and business owners in establishing new services, and monitoring the progress of control functions in their review of contracts.
- Provide direct support of the Clearstream Outsourcing Coordinator and Outsourcing Business Surveillance Teams
- Independently operate the Outsourcing Pre-assessment process
- Support the review of Outsourcing Risk Assessments
- Perform data consistency checks to ensure an accurate Outsourcing register
- Provide a pro-active contribution to ensure team targets and objectives are being achieved within required deadlines
- Assist in project work where required
- Interact closely with the relevant Clearstream segments, Intercompany Organisation, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Information Security, Data Protection, Audit and Compliance
- Establish and maintain adequate procedures and workflows
- Explain to the service requestors and business owners the consequences of failure to comply with regulations, standards, or policies
- Provide Clearstream segments / business owners with guidance in the definition of measurable performance indicators
- Review and validate performance reports and prepare their presentation to the respective boards
Qualifications/ required skills
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Economics, Finance or Business Management and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Very good analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Good communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- General office productivity tools proficiency expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) - preferably technical background knowledge with a good understanding of databases and process improvements
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French and/or German is an asset
Start date: 1 October 2021
Duration: 6 months full-time