Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world's leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What's your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Eurex Clearing's Models & Analytics section is responsible for developing and maintaining its state-of-the-art risk methodologies, comprising models for market risk, liquidity risk and product valuation amongst others. Within the section, the Risk Methodology ETD team focusses on risk methodology for exchange traded products such as Futures and Options as well as Repo and cash transactions. Our responsibility is not limited to methodologies, but also encompasses market and valuation data and ensuring a high level of quality in that area. In addition to model development and maintenance, the team also has a key role in the process of introducing new products at Eurex.As a Working Student in Risk Methodology you will support and contribute to the design, development, calibration, maintenance and documentation of valuation and risk methodologies. You will be actively taking part in our processes, with a focus on exchange traded products or OTC derivatives.
- You will perform quantitative statistical analyses of model behaviour in the context of market events or specific portfolio constellations. This may include developing tools to supervise and calibrate valuation and risk models, and monitor P/L and Value-at-Risk.
- You will support the identification and consolidation of relevant risk management trends with a focus on either exchange traded products (Equity, Bond, FX, Dividend, Volatility Futures and Options) or OTC derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Forward Rate Agreements, FX Forwards, FX Swaps).
- You will assist the design and maintenance of valuation and risk models as well as support the introduction of new products on the exchange.
- Furthermore, you will be involved in designing, implementing and documenting the internal Python prototype.
- You will support project planning activities (tasks, work estimates, timelines, and resources).
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters in a quantitative discipline (Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science or any other comparable degree with risk management focus including empirical, quantitative analysis and methods).
- You have a strong interest in capital markets and basic knowledge of derivatives valuation and risk management.
- You possess quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are able to work flexibly in a team environment as well as independently. You are creative and can take on responsibility.
- You have experience in programming & scripting (ideally Python) and databases (SQL). Experience in compiled languages (e.g. C++, Java) and OOP would be an asset.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Start date: 01/10/2021