Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
This position is based in either Paris or Bordeaux
As a public affairs intern, you will work on building coalitions and advocating for policies that enable circular economy and better sustainability of electronics in France and Europe. Within the Brand team, under the responsibility of our Public affairs manager, you will work on key pieces of regulations that will impact the sectors in the years to come. You will assist our public affairs manager on bringing Back Market’s expertise to public deciders so that they take the right decisions for a better future and establishing us as the biggest and most trusted voice on the circular economy globally.
Your missions (If you choose to accept) :
- Identify and monitor coming threats and opportunities in topics related to environment, circular economy and e-commerce
- Map influential stakeholders and policymakers
- Build coalitions
- Work on our position papers
- Assist our Public affairs manager in strategic initiatives & projects
You are in the right place if :
- You are studying in a top political or law school in your country
- You have already had an experience in the are of public affairs, governmental or non governmental organizations (NGOs) in the field of environment
- You have good writing skills to create captivating texts
- You are very passionate about Back market’s mission & environment in general
- French & English are no brainers for you! ;) You speak & write in both of these languages very well
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
-Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
-With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
-We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
-Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.