Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
The Back Market Mana team is managing a global wholesale sourcing platform that allows Back Market’s merchants to source devices online that they will repair and resell through our Direct to Consumer Marketplace.
Supply is the lifeblood of the refurbished market. Mana’s mission, and yours if you accept it, is to bring the right supply to the right buyers. In other words, Mana connects our Back Market merchants with large suppliers of used electronics (Wholesalers, Distributors) so that they can source easily and with a flawless experience the products that they will repair and resell.
Within our team, you will carry out 3 main missions:
1. Act as the Account Manager for Mana’s Sellers. You will assist them in growing Mana as a sales channel and contribute to the development of Back Market’s strategic partnerships with global multi-billion dollar companies.
2. Provide project management support: You will support the team in the definition of our strategy and the development of new features / services / processes to improve the overall efficiency of Mana.
3. Develop new business opportunities on Mana: through the buyback of corporate fleets. You will assist the team in building a seamless experience to facilitate the resale of old equipment for companies from 10 to 1000+ employees.
Working on a small team at the start of a new project, you will have the opportunity to weigh in on decisions that impact the entire product offering from sales and marketing to our P&L and product roadmap. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded individual looking to better understand what it takes to launch and scale a B2B business.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT) :
- Act as the account manager with key Sellers on Mana to ensure high levels of adoption and satisfaction
- Create, execute and iterate on strategic success plans customized to our strategic Sellers’ specific business needs and informed by measurable outcomes / objectives
- Gather feedback and identify opportunities and risks in their purchase experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations.
- Gain and maintain subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs of our users.
- Support the team in the development of services to increase supply and drive sales on Mana (corporate buyback, logistics, adoption features, etc).
- Work cross-functionally within the team and Back Market as a whole to navigate critical milestones.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF YOU :
- You ideally have a previous experience in sales or project management in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong organizational skills, a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability.
- You understand that your job is not done until THE job is done. You have superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover our Sellers true objectives.
- You are a team-player and you have high capacity to federate and work with transversal teams in an international environment.
- You are a native French speaker and you have excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Ideally, you are looking for an end of study internship
- We are looking for someone, who is:
- Proactive and positive attitude - You will represent our team and the Back Market brand interfacing with large corporate accounts on our marketplace.
- Resourceful, scrappy and creative - if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- With an Entrepreneurial mindset - you love building and growing projects and are ready to do the extra mile for it.
INTERVIEWING PROCESS :
- Phone interview with Sarah, Project Manager B2B
- Technical test (remote)
- Phone interview with Ayub Project Manager B2B
- Phone interview with Gaspard, Lead Buyback & Mana Expansion
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
-Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
-With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
-We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
-Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.