Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
The Back Market Mana team is managing a global wholesale sourcing platform that allows Back Market’s merchants to source devices online that they will repair and resell through our Direct to Consumer Marketplace.
Supply is the lifeblood of the refurbished market. Mana’s mission, and yours if you accept it, is to bring the right supply to the right buyers. In other words, Mana connects our Back Market merchants with large suppliers of used electronics (Wholesalers, Distributors) so that they can source easily and with a flawless experience the products that they will repair, but also the spare parts & accessories that they will need to refurbish.
Within our team, you will act as the go-to resource for our valued B2B Buyers. You will answer Buyers questions, onboard them on Mana and help facilitate large deals. You will be in charge of defining and executing engagement strategies to drive the use of the platform. When not serving a current customer, you will be on the hunt for new ones both in the US & EU.
In this role, you will play a very customer facing role. However, you will also have marketing responsibilities managing our contents on the site and the campaigns we send through tools like Tableau, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Shopify and our internal back office. You will work with other teams internally to define synergies and levers allowing us to maximize Mana’s value for our buyers. You will also have some project responsibilities, leading user research (on the buyer side) to drive our product roadmap and prioritization.
Working on a small team (we like to call it a start-up within the start-up) you will have the opportunity to weigh in on decisions that impact the entire product offering from sales and marketing to our P&L and product roadmap This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded individual looking to better understand what it will take to launch and scale a product.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT) :
- Identify, connect and onboard new Merchant Buyers
- Define and execute strategies that will allow us to increase the customer engagement.
- Gather buyer feedback and identify opportunities and risks in the Buyer journey/experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations
- Gain and maintain subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs of your buyers.
- Support Buyers on wholesale transactions - most commonly with addressing questions on the device specs, and negotiating pricing
- Work cross-functionally within the team and Back Market as a whole to navigate critical milestones
- Support the team in testing new Business Models by assisting the research and interview phase
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF :
- Preferred experience:
- You are fearless and confident cold calling and reaching out to Merchants
- You are a team player, and thrive in an international environment
- You understand that your job is not done until THE job is done
- You have basic Excel skills - Pivot Tables, V-LOOKUPs, etc. (SQL is a plus)Prior experience in Sales or Project management are a plus
- You are looking for a 6 months internship, ideally end of study
- You learn using new tools quickly and deeply, and are always tracking down new ways (at a minimum you must be able to run a V-LookUp in Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English proficiency is a must.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover our users true objectives
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Proactive and positive attitude - You will represent our team and the Back Market brand interfacings with Buyers on our marketplace
- Low ego - We are a small team working to prove out the business opportunity. We do thing that don't scale and will need your hands on support to manage our transactions and keep our customers coming back
- Resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you love building and growing projects and are ready to do the extra mile for it
RECRUITMENT PROCESS :
- Phone interview with Sarah, Project Manager B2B
- Technical test (remote)
- Phone interview with Ayub Project Manager B2B
- Phone interview with Gaspard, Lead Buyback & Mana Expansion
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
-Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
-With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
-We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
-Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.