Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 335M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Within the Operations team, you will work in the Quality Services business unit. You will integrate the team in charge of Refurbishment Services, which help our merchants and partners repair their electronic devices with the right level of quality. More specifically, you will help us develop our BackRepair service. This service allows merchants to outsource their in-warranty repairs and clients to repair their devices in physical shops (in-warranty and out-of-warranty defects).
BackRepair allows Back Market to:
-Decrease its defective rate by improving the quality of repairs performed on defective devices covered by our merchants’ warranty (one year minimum)
-Improve our customer satisfaction and loyalty by giving them faster options to repair their devices, and at a competitive price in case of out-of-warranty defect
-Diversify its sources of revenues and improve its margin rate
-Differentiate from its competitors on the Refurbished market and create strong barriers to entry
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT):
- Continuously monitor operational performance (incl. repair rate, repair delay, customer satisfaction) and define action plans to improve external and internal processes accordingly (in collaboration with internal teams)
- Work with Back Market’s Bureau of Technology to automate / scale current processes and launch new features
- Implement required operational processes to repair clients’ devices in shops and in new factories abroad, for in-warranty and out-of-warranty defects
- Monitor our financial KPIs (incl. attachment rate, GMV, margin) and ensure we reach our targetsWork with our Innovation Lab (Back Market’s technical experts) to control and improve the quality of our repair partners
- Ensure the service adoption by promoting the service internally (notably among account managers) and externally (to our merchants)
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- You have 1 year experience, ideally in consulting or project management
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in English
- You have strong organizational skills and rigorousness
- You have the entrepreneurial spirit and love the "start-up" state of mind
- You are proactive, organized and you have high capacity to federate and work with transversal teams
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable with Excel, SQL is a plus
- Technical expertise related to hardware (mainly smartphones, laptops and tablets) is a plus
- Phone call with our Lucie, our Lead Category Performance
- Technical skills test
- Interview with Valentin, our Service Project Manager
- Interview with Alex, our Senior Lead Refurbishment Services
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
Back Market can offer you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a scale up environment where everyday you can make a difference.
With endless learning and growth opportunities, at the end of your internship you will be autonomous and ready to launch your career.
We pride ourselves on having a supportive and open environment to help nurture and develop the skills needed for personal growth.
Be prepared to have a lot of fun, we are an international, fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.