Space Applications Services is a company at the forefront of space technology development and the provision of services for human spaceflight, exploration and earth observation missions. Headquartered in Belgium (Brussels Area), with a research office in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in the USA, the company provides solutions for both commercial and institutional customers. We work with clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission, governmental and national space agencies as well as the major space industries.
The company develops payloads, avionics, robotics technology and products, and provides complete mission operations control centre solutions to EN9100 standards. The company also provides engineering, science and training services, including astronaut training. In our headquarters, we have a control centre room that operates commercial payloads on the International Space Station, and a laboratory comprising a cleanroom.
The successful Intern will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The Internship is available at the Training & Operations Team (Services Department).
The candidate will mainly report to the Training & Operations Team Lead.
The Training & Operations Team is responsible among others for the analysis, design, development and implementation of technical and specialised training courses, for astronauts, ground personnel, researchers or students on a variety of space-related topics, ranging from specialised ISS, operations and payload training, space weather, cybersecurity, in-situ resources utilisation or CubeSat design and development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will support the main coordinator(s) during the implementation preparation, test and delivery phases of complex technical training and educational courses.
This will include but will not be limited to:
- Support the:
- Liaison with subject matter experts and students
- Review and consolidation of the training material
- Participants registration, from communication, call for participants/applications to the selection process
- Preparation and testing of the infrastructure set-up
- Coordination team, experts and participants/students during the training implementation
- Maintenance of training material and learning management systems
- Collect and support the analysis of stakeholders’ feedback
- Preparing and maintaining documentation such as reports, schedules, outreach material.
Skills and Experience
Depending on the Internship’s scope of work, a selection of the following is desirable:
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree or a similar university program in Aerospace Engineering, Engineering or Project Management
- Passionate about space education and outreach
- Excellent in both verbal and written communication in English
- Experience in:
- Project management
- Outreach activities
- Will be considered as an asset experience in:
- CubeSat Engineering
- Learning management systems (Moodle or similar)
- Ability to take initiatives, be flexible and work collaboratively in a team
- Strength to self-disciplined, organized and work ethic
- Passionate with a problem-solving approach.
What Do We Offer
- An experience within a growing company with highly motivated Engineers, Scientists and Administrative Staff coming from all different horizons and countries
- A professional and pleasant atmosphere
- A client exposure and networking opportunities
- A full-time Internship with a monthly lump sum allowance, under certain conditions.
How To Apply
Apply via our website (www.spaceapplications.com) and send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English), along with your internship’s start date, to the attention of Mr. Olivier Lamborelle.
Applications received through the “Careers page” of our website are reviewed in priority.
The successful candidate shall be eligible to do an internship in the European Union.
We are looking for someone to be available for a 6 months’ internship.