CHANEL is a private company and a leading creative force in the luxury goods industry. Founded by Gabrielle Chanel at the beginning of the last century, CHANEL offers a broad range of high-end creations, including Ready-to-Wear, Leather Goods, Fashion Accessories, Eyewear, Fragrances, Makeup, Skincare, Jewelry and Watches.
This role is within the Global Treasury team and is based in Luxembourg. Global Treasury is embarking on a process optimization initiative, for which, the intern will be a central team member. Together with the Treasury Director your responsibilities will be understanding why we do what we do, and proposing process improvements accordingly. Each of the key processes will be documented and reviewed for opportunities to streamline and/or automate.
Global Cash Pool Monitoring
- Monitor balances and returns for centralized cash in the Global Cash Pool.
- Issue a metrics report on the performance of the Global Cash Pool & Investments each month.
- Achieved by working in Excel
Retail Payment Processing
- Use the payments processing tool to develop to develop an understanding of retail payment processing for the Global Organization.
- Monthly Excel & PowerPoint reporting on payment activity with proposals for improvement.
Daily Cash Management
- Support the Daily Cash Management process, monitoring balances of Cash Globally
Treasury Management System (TMS)
- Opportunity to learn the Treasury Management System (TMS) and conduct Ad-Hoc reporting with the Global Treasury Team as needed.
- University degree in progress or completed with business, finance or accounting major
- Treasury/Finance experience
- Experience with process optimization/process mapping
- Knowledge of treasury activities and systems, and how they relate to the broader organization
Some Unique Selling Points
- Welcoming international company environment
- Small group therefore opportunity to make a greater impact and be more visible
- Joining at a very exciting time in the growth and development of the company with the attendant result of lots of future opportunities