You will get a unique opportunity to become part of a business critical team that is essential in the customer order process. Here you will learn how design patterns and cutting edge technologies (Kotlin, Docker, Kubernetes, Nakadi) are applied to solve complex problems to enable critical services within Zalando's Fulfilment Core.
Help us write top quality code to achieve our vision for a reliable and scalable Inventory Management system!
We offer a 20 hours / week contract, ideally for a minimum of 6 months with the option to extend.
This role is based in our Dortmund office and will need to be based in this region.
Where your expertise are needed
- Being an active part of the team while having continuous support from a mentor
- Design, develop, deploy and operate our software product that impacts millions of Zalando customers
- Deliver and operate large-scale cloud-based (micro-)services
- Contribute to the whole software development lifecycle - from design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Collaborate and have fun with talented peer engineers to solve challenging customer and technical problem
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor or Master student, with a background or focus on software engineering.
- Knowledge in JVM-based software development, preferably with Java or Kotlin
- Self-motivated individual with attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexible, reliable, open-minded and highly collaborative persona, supporting colleagues with various tasks
- Good language skills in English
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, municipality services, flexible working times, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.