A career in National Special Functions, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support service, sector, and market leaders deliver the unique PwC client experience to our clients. You’ll play an important part in continuously innovating and improving Firm operations so that we can continue to provide the highest quality of services to our current and prospective clients.
Our Regulatory, Policy and Consulting team develops and implements policies and strategies that achieve results consistent with PwC’s business strategy. You’ll focus on regulatory matters that directly impact PwC’s business strategy to effectively acknowledge the views, concerns, and to secure support from policymakers and other third parties.
As an internal auditor, you will assist in delivering a wide range of internal audits engagements. You will contribute in planning and conducting internal audit missions with an increasing autonomy in leading your assignments, mentored by the internal audit leader and your colleagues. You will provide independent opinion on the effectiveness of operational processes and controls, and report on findings and agreed action plans to senior management.
Your main responsibilities:
- Contribute in planning and executing internal audit engagements following risk based audit programs;
- Perform and document audit procedures;
- Conduct interviews and produce test work papers;
- Provide independent opinion on the processes and, the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls;
- Report on the findings and agreed action plans;
- Follow-up audit recommendations and perform evaluation of outstanding action plans;
- Actively participate in other internal audit related supporting tasks such as planning, tools management, training, conferences etc.
You may also assist the IT internal audit engagements in
- Diagnosing IT operational processes;
- Auditing IT general controls;
- Helping to implement performance improvement opportunities by applying IT frameworks (COBIT, ISO27001, ITIL, etc).
- You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in Finance/Economics, Accounting, Management or IT;
- A first audit experience (internal or external) and a good understanding of accounting principles, control procedures, audit techniques, computer systems, and general business operations is an asset;
- Other areas of expertise such as IT security, IT general controls and / or a knowledge of various IT systems, technologies and applications would be considered as an asset;
- A professional qualification such as CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) would be considered as an asset;
- You demonstrate excellent analytical and communication skills as well as professional criticism;
- You are able to document testings in a detailed manner with excellent writing skills;
- You have a risk & quality-oriented mind, you act with integrity & confidentiality and you can work both in full autonomy and as part of a team to deliver high quality reports to senior management;
- You are fluent (both oral and written) in English and French.