Our industry-leading cloud engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for ensuring some of the world's most demanding applications are available, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today's technology - instead developing for tomorrow's needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The focus of your role
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge technical environments. With clients ranging from the Unilever to the Home Office, your work will make a massive impact.
What you'll do
- You'll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors - drawing on different methods and approaches, and working closely with our partners including Google, AWS and Microsoft.
- You'll design and deploy live systems, implement fixes and explore improvements through code.
- You'll take responsibility for components of much larger systems, in collaboration with experienced colleagues.
- You'll be working within a platform engineering team, leveraging DevOps and SRE approaches that break down the traditional barriers between security, software development and IT operations. Cloud Platform Engineers work as part of cross-functional teams, with an aim to improve the complete developer experience.
- Linux fundamentals
- Cloud services (including AWS and Azure)
- Agile working
- Infrastructure as Code
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery, and the tools we use.
- Containerisation and orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Monitoring and logging
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects - and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities.
With Cloud Platform Engineers in high demand, we've set up a training program to develop talent to become highly skilled Cloud Platform Engineers. The initial training will be a varied schedule of online training, along with hands-on exercises led by experienced practitioners. On successful completion of the training, you'll be placed on a client engagement at one of several UK locations.
During and after the training, you'll be given the appropriate support to learn from our experienced engineers. Capgemini believes this gives the best introduction to a role in Cloud Platform Engineering and allows you to develop your skills in a real environment.
What we are looking for
- Relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for cloud technologies and the supporting infrastructure. A basic knowledge of the cloud tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial.
- Most importantly, we want people with an appetite for learning new technologies. Cloud Platform Engineering is a rapidly evolving field!
- If you've got a passion for IT and can demonstrate a competency and experience in computing
- Outstanding communication skills - our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements.
- The ability to convey complex concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience.
- You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You will be required to work away from home during the week after the initial training period.
A bachelor's degree