As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into The Starting Point for Fashion, this is an exciting time to join.
As a Frontend Engineer in the Network Tooling team, you will have a fantastic opportunity to become part of a front end team. Within this established, autonomous team you will be applying your technical skills in order to create a front end experience that your stakeholders will love.
The current front ends are used to help the internal organisation to self serve and update information about the physical delivery network. Given the criticality of this service your systems must be highly available and resilient to not endanger critical business processes.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create high-throughput solutions and enable operations on continuously increasing, big datasets to support handling of the growing network
- Ensure code quality and knowledge transfer by being an active part in code review and pair programming sessions
- Take ownership of the entire development cycle - from requirements gathering, solution analysis and architecture design to testing, implementation and maintenance
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in software development, involving designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications
- Hands-on experience of microservices and cloud architectures. Additionally, it would be beneficial to bring an interest for Kubernetes
- Knowledge in architecture / design methods and patterns, data and API specifications, quality assurance, and testing methods
- Contributing to our growing tech community and encouraging knowledge sharing in an agile work environment
- Basics in Java or Kotlin
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets.
In the Fulfillment Core department, we focus on the entire Network of Logistics Centers. Across this network we plan, track & predict millions of movements to make sure every fashion item across Europe finds its way to our more than 35 million active customers. Through this mission we are a key enabler to becoming the starting point for fashion.
In our teams we develop and run high performing microservices and optimize algorithms as well as predictive models to innovate on the Convenience, Speed and Cost of our delivery experience.