The BASF Wheat strategy for Europe is to establish hybrid wheat in the key markets in Germany, France, UK and Ukraine.
To succeed as Breeding Associate:
- You assist the Hybrid Breeder in the execution of the hybrid breeding activities for the winter wheat hybrid breeding program in France and in the UK.
- You support the development of protocols for the selection of business-critical traits.
- You perform field visits, scorings, data analysis and synthesis to support the evaluation of hybrids.
- You manage and optimize the deployment of breeding databases for phenotyping, genotyping, and advancement decision data.
- You perform statistical analysis and reporting for the breeding program.
- You supervise temporary labor to accomplish breeding operations according to deadlines and within budget.
- You collaborate with local teams to successfully conduct field operations for hybrid breeding.
- You ensure compliance with Safety, QMS and stewardship directives and quality standards.
- A Master of Science degree in Plant / Molecular Breeding or a related scientific field i.e. quantitative genetics, preferably in hybrids crops or cereals.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience and a background in plant breeding or plant genetics.
- A strong knowledge of variety testing, statistical analysis and experimental design.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and a strong willingness to learn how to use new softwares.
- An ability to collaborate in a multicultural environment and a positive mindset.
- An outstanding organisation capacity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French.
Responsability from day one in a challenging work environment
An"on-the-job" training as part of a committed team
As a major actor in the field of crop protection, the BASF Agro division in France offers innovative solutions, such as modern products, crop protection and tailored services. Approx. 300 employees based in Ecully and across France meet clients' needs and contribute to the challenges of the agriculture.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please call:
Mr Sichler (Talent Acquisition) : 0049 30 2005-59483
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.