About EY-Parthenon Strategy
EY-Parthenon is EY's global strategy consultancy with more than 6,000 professionals working across three areas of focus: corporate & growth strategy, transaction strategy & execution, and turnaround & restructuring strategy. In 2021, EY-Parthenon was ranked among the top 5 in the Vault's Top 50 Consulting Firms.
We are making an unparalleled investment in the successful EY-Parthenon team, which will support accelerated growth well ahead of the market. This creates a unique opportunity to join and enjoy rapid development and promotion and build the most dynamic Strategy Practice in Europe.
The below relates to applications for the EY-Parthenon Corporate & Growth Strategy team only. If you are looking to apply for Transaction Strategy & Execution or Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy, please visit the EY careers pages to apply.
At EY-P Strategy, we put our purpose - Building a better working world - at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to using unconventional yet pragmatic thinking to deliver actionable strategies to help our clients navigate the ever-changing business landscape.
You'll be a part of a collaborative team that applies the latest thinking, research, analytics, and methodologies to help transform clients' businesses and solve complex business matters, driving change for tomorrow's working world. For smart, nice, and driven candidates, working at EY-Parthenon Strategy offers the opportunity to change how world-leading organisations do business.
We advise on a vast range of issues, such as core value propositions, competitive positioning, and growth strategies. EY-Parthenon Strategy employees enjoy unparalleled contact with influential and highly experienced professionals within the firm, as well as at clients' organisations across a multitude of sectors. The London office focuses on Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Education, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Infrastructure, Health Sciences & Wellness, Private Equity, Retail & Consumer Goods, and Technology, Media & Telecoms. The Dublin office will focus on sectors such as Consumer Goods & Retail, TMT, Power & Utilities, Government, Health & Life Sciences, Aircraft Leasing, Fintech and the area of Sustainability.
Our current work is typically focused on applying our deep sector & strategy knowledge to various types of strategic projects, including:
- Commercial due diligence
- Strategy development and assessment
- Market entry strategy and opportunity sizing
- Product and business unit strategy development
- Divestment options analysis
We are seeking to expand our team with Associate Consultants who will work across a range of sectors. As an Associate Consultant you will be responsible for executing significant portions of analysis, presenting data clearly to identify trends or issues and draw out relevant insights which can be used when creating clear storylines for our clients.
The first three weeks are devoted to training which provides a great opportunity to meet with colleagues from across the firm and develop the initial skill set required to be effective in the role. Once the initial on-boarding is complete, the real work starts. EY-Parthenon Strategy has a case-team approach with a flexible structure and Associates are expected to take on responsibility for individual pieces of work as soon as they feel comfortable.
As you progress in the role, you will begin taking responsibility for developing the recommendations that will ultimately be implemented by our clients, whilst also learning how to contribute to and grow EY-Parthenon's business through internal practice building and new business development. You will have opportunities to learn from a wide variety of senior team members -through counselling relationships, mentoring, and coaching. In addition, EY-Parthenon provides a robust formal training programme designed to suit you at each stage in your career and help you to develop the skills needed to maximise your effectiveness as a consultant. EY-Parthenon invests heavily in the professional development of its consultants. We believe everyone has unique needs and motivations and therefore professional development is best accomplished through a customised program of training, staffing, and mentorship.
You Key Responsibilities
- Building an understanding of a client/target's business, market dynamics and key sector trends
- Delivering accurate analysis and presenting this and associated data clearly to identify trends or issues
- Drawing out relevant insights from work/analysis to feed into overall story-lining of a project output
- Crafting and delivering client-ready slides for both client and Business Development work
- Performing primary and secondary research including data gathering, interviews, and surveys
- Collaborating with your team to help with the planning and developing of analytics, both qualitative and quantitative
- Fostering an inclusive culture throughout the team and within engagements
- Contributing to internal firm building initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
Successful candidates are intellectually curious, passionate about solving complex problems, hardworking, have an enthusiastic and approachable demeanour with an entrepreneurial mind-set. We want people who are great communicators, who collaborate well with people and teams, and who have a real desire to both learn and coach others. We are looking for exciting candidates to join our team with the required characteristics.
To qualify for the role, you must:
- Be educated to bachelor's degree level or equivalent
- Have both quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Be clear and concise in your communication skills, and be able to engage effectively with both clients and team members
- Possess a desire and ability to solve complex and open-ended client problems
Ideally, you will also
- Be good at building productive working relationships with clients and EY-Parthenon team members
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment
- Have a vitality and a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Demonstrate good business acumen and experience, ideally across different sectors
- Have the ability to navigate complex stakeholder environments
What we offer
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: Through continuous training, coaching and mentorship, you'll develop the mindset and skills needed to accelerate your career and become a transformational leader
- Real exposure: Opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and be exposed to a number of different business models, industries and companies
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.