Your time here:
Your role will be based within the Facilities department where you will be working with the team to ensure the whole plant runs smoothly. You will also be working with engineers from across the business, and therefore have the opportunity to work across the plant and beyond. You can expect real responsibilities right from day one and there will be a vast range of projects you can be involved in.
Key projects you may find yourself working on include:
- Ensuring electrical compliance is maintained across site in line with company policy & legislation
- Investigating & co-ordinating the solutions/repair of Statutory defects
- Supporting sitewide in any new LV electrical installations, including Busbar, Tapoff & DB installations. Carrying out load study investigations & analysis.
- Responsibility for site security, including CCTV, Fence alarm, Access control & Traffic management.
- Contractor management, writing specifications for contractor tender & quoting
- New technology projects across site including solar, hydrogen & power generation.
- Electrical distribution network protection, obsolescence study & replacement programme
- Managing and controlling HV Maintenance & PD testing/monitoring programmes
- DSEAR hazardous area compliance
- Supporting day to day operations with major breakdown investigations.
What we look for:
This position is ideal for those who have an interest in technology and innovation to improve efficiency in the long term. Experience working with High Voltage will also be of value. We're looking for individuals who will share our values and believe that there's always a better way. You should also have a consistently strong academic record, with a minimum 2:1 predicted degree result in Electrical Engineering (BEng/MEng required).