Oversight of the Fund Management department is ultimately the responsibility of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), working in close collaboration with other Corporate Functions such as risk and compliance, finance and HR. The role of the CIO, the Deputy CIO, and other members of the CIO Office is to:
- Cultivate a focus on achieving investment excellence for our clients
- Engage with Sales and Distribution teams regularly to align investment objectives with sales and market trends or opportunities
- Manage the Fund Managers - "manage but not control"
- Align Fund Management to other business areas to enable a seamless client experience
- Represent Fund Management to internal stakeholders and contribute to corporate objectives
The investment 20/20 trainee will rotate through a number of activities in CIO Office and assist the various Managers with designated timeframes of support or projects for each thereby gaining invaluable experience and opportunity to contribute.
The initially identified rotation will include time with Investment Business Managers, Performance Analytics Managers, CIO/Deputy CIO, COO, Dealing, Governance and Data Science teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's CIO Office as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Communication. Written and verbal presentations, both preparation with MS Office tools and delivery
- Teamwork. Ability to work collaboratively in a collegiate environment
- Analytical and problem solving. enthusiasm to enhance, improve, optimise, streamline
- Interpersonal. We are a diverse team of unconstrained thinkers with challenging and contrasting demands, empathy is a vital ingredient
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.