The Corporate Risk and Compliance Team help Jupiter ensure that governance risk and controls are proportional, commercial and focused on materiality. The team focusses on the enterprise risk framework, corporate advisory, and providing oversight and assurance activity. The team also focuses on RCT reporting to the various governance committees helping to ensure Jupiter's strategy is achieved in line with our risk appetite.
This role sits within the Corporate Risk and Compliance team helping to develop and enhance the risk and compliance framework with a focus on enhancing our use of associated systems. This role will also assist in providing advice to the wider Jupiter business.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Development and update of the Risk and Compliance Team's policies and frameworks
- Analysis and interpretation of regulation and guidance
- Advising the business on conflicts of interest in relation to employee personal account dealing, gifts and hospitality and outside business interests
- Day-to-day running and enhancement of Jupiter's risk and compliance software to meet business needs, including coding and testing rules logic
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Corporate Risk and Compliance team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrate an interest in risk and compliance
- Ability to communicate accurately and succinctly with team members and internal stakeholders
- Proficient with IT and technology including data manipulation techniques
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and to develop practical solutions