The Data Science Team (DST) was founded in December 2018 and now comprises nine people with roles including Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Data Engineers. The team sits in Fund Management.
Their primary mandate is to create data citizens, that is to enrich internal processes with data so people make better data-driven decisions.
The role of i20/20 in DST will work closely with all areas of the team and will focus mainly on building out an SME portal, as well as developing your technical skills. You will work with several members of the team on a wide array of interesting data science topics, including Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) forecasting.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting across the team with tasks ranging from modelling, data cleansing, Dev Ops, and systems management
- Build and manage the Subject Matter Expert (SME) portal
- Provide auxiliary support across several data science projects, principally Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and alternative data
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Data Science team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Thirst for knowledge and a willingness to continue to learn and develop
- Team focus and camaraderie - we move forward as one
- Attention to detail
- Accountable mentality
- Deep interest in data science