The Fund Risk and Compliance Team is responsible for all elements of risk and compliance that apply to the funds we manage. We focus on the oversight of our fund risk profiles to ensure funds are managed and promoted in line with client expectations. The team covers investment risk management, financial crime, fund advisory, financial promotions, investment restrictions and other regulatory operations such as share disclosures, short selling notification and regulatory filings.
The role will support both the fund advisory and financial crime activities within the team, contributing towards the overall risk and regulatory framework in place to ensure that products are developed and managed in accordance with regulatory and client expectations and that financial crime risk is appropriately managed across the business and with our third party providers.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting in the review and approval of financial promotions
- Assist in the investigation of suspicious activity reports
- Assist in the production of management information for senior management
- Undertake screening of clients
- Reading regulatory development papers and producing written summaries for management
- Oversight and escalation of fund overdrafts
- Coordination and oversight of fund manager valuation sign-off process
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Fund Risk and Compliance team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Desire to learn new skills and develop
- Good time management and ability to prioritise deadlines
- Good communication skills