The role is to work within the award-winning Jupiter Independent Funds team who manage the Merlin range of funds. The team, headed by John Chatfeild-Roberts and David Lewis, manage a range of multi-manager funds for Jupiter, which means they invest in other Funds / Fund Managers.
The team are looking for an entry-level candidate who is passionate about developing a career in Asset Management and investing, specifically in multi-manager funds. We are open minded about candidates from all educational backgrounds and previous experience.
Role responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Conduct research and analysis on existing and potential funds held by Merlin and potential funds in the investment universe
- Use external data sources such as Bloomberg and Aladdin to provide external research input into the team
- Contribute to the team's macroeconomic research
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative data for client presentations
- Play an active role in the preparation and delivery of face to face and webcast communications
- Contribute to the development of formal presentations as required by the Fund Manager and attend where appropriate
- Update existing presentations as and when required
- Write periodic investment commentaries for internal and external use
- Assist the team with trading and dealing activity
- Maintain the team's databases and due diligence records
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Independent Funds team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Passionate about being a "student of the markets", proactively and continuously using different methods to improve their knowledge
- Strong problem solving ability, enjoys interpreting data with excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to produce clear and appropriately documented presentations
- Team oriented, flexible and open minded
- Resilient - able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment
- IT proficient and able to grasp new technology quickly