The Investment Writing team is made up of eight people and is responsible for helping to articulate and promote Jupiter's investment proposition to a wide range of audiences, including existing and prospective clients across multiple geographies.
In pursuit of its goal to position Jupiter's products and services in a favourable light in a highly competitive marketplace, the team helps to tell Jupiter's investment stories in accessible and engaging ways, and through multiple forms of media, including the written word, graphics, audio and video.
To develop its communications, the investment marketing team works in close partnership with many groups across the bussiness, including fund management, channel marketing, events, graphic design, digital, sales, corporate communications, product development and compliance teams, among others.
Members of the team come from diverse backgrounds - some have worked within financial services for their whole careers, while others have backgrounds in fields such as journalism. What unites them is a passion for both investment and storytelling.
In this role you will primarily be involved in helping to develop Jupiter's communications through multimedia channels, including video, podcasts and webcasts. You will work closely with other, highly experienced members of the investment marketing team, and will be responsible for helping to create and produce high-quality multimedia output.
This will involve thinking creatively about approaches and formats most suited to particular communication requirements, developing proposals to deliver each project, and working with colleagues and using professional camera/recording equipment and software to produce the finished product in each case.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Investment Writing team as part of the Investment20/20 programme. Investment20/20 is an industry wide initiative designed to create more entry level opportunities into the industry and to provide you with the skills and experiences to help you start your career. During the Investment20/20 programme you will receive:
- A 12-month fixed term contract with the potential to convert into a permanent role
- A dedicated line manager focused on supporting your development
- A buddy from a previous intake
- On-the-job training
- Structured soft skills and technical training
- Invitations to Investment20/20 industry and social events
- Invitations to Jupiter's Sports, Social and Arts events
This role will be eligible to participate in the Company's more flexible 2-1-2 working arrangement. Two days Tuesday and Thursday's are prescribed days where all employees should work from the office and one other office day can be chosen by you and two days worked from home.
What we are looking for
Jupiter's Investment20/20 Programme is aimed at school/college leavers and graduates looking to start their careers.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of digital media
- Highly creative mindset
- Experience of filming, recording, producing, editing and publishing videos and podcasts
- Natural curiosity and an interest in a wide range of investment-related subjects and themes, including global financial markets, economics and politics. However, you will not necessarily be expected to have a detailed grasp and understanding of technical investment concepts, many of which you will become familiar with over the course of your work, and with the support of your colleagues
- Articulate, personable and able rapidly to build rapport
- Eager to learn and willing to engage with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Powers of persuasion and innate tenacity will help you to ensure delivery of often time-sensitive projects on time, and to an extremely high technical and creative standard